Lauriston Girls’ School, established in 1901, is an independent girls’ school with a fine history of academic achievement and innovative programs.
Lauriston is one of Australia’s leading schools and is committed to excellence in girls’ education. The School offers the VCE and International Baccalaureate, a remote campus experience at Year 9, the Reggio Emilia inspired programme in Kindergarten and a team of highly professional and dedicated teachers from Kindergarten to Year 12.
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Applications are invited for the following positions located at our Howqua Campus (near Mansfield, Victoria) a residential campus for Lauriston’s Year 9 students. The academic program runs from Thursday to Sunday inclusive and successful applicants will be required to work on the weekend. Please note as these roles are located at our year 9 residential campus, successful applicants will be required to live on Campus or in the district. Staff are also involved in the School’s outdoor program.
The commencement date for these roles is mid-January, 2015.
Howqua Campus Assistants
Full time ongoing
Start Date: Term 1 2015
We are seeking to appoint energetic, enthusiastic Assistants to work with staff and students at the School’s Howqua Campus. The successful applicant will be willing to undertake a variety of tasks and be actively involved in the outdoor program. Previous experience in a school environment will be well regarded.
Some weekend work and after hours work will be required.
Applications close: Wednesday 27 August 2014
Applications should be addressed to:
Lauriston Girls’ School
38 Huntingtower Road (PO Box 8110)
ARMADALE VIC 3143
F: 9822 7950
School Nurse - 3-5 days per week
Lauriston Girls' School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced and dedicated professional as School Nurse at the School’s Howqua Campus. This is a residential campus for Lauriston’s Year 9 students. The School provides nursing coverage 7 days per week during the course of each School term.
The successful applicant will be required to start at the campus in the week commencing Monday 5 October 2014. The hours of work are 8.00am – 5.00pm during school term time only. This is a job share role and there would be the opportunity for the successful applicant to work on average a minimum of 3 days per week. Some weekend work will be required.
Starting Date: Week commencing Monday 5 October 2014
Applications close: Wednesday 10 September 2014
Your written application including covering letter, CV and names of three referees should be directed to:
Lauriston Girls' School
P O Box 8110
ARMADALE VIC 3143
Fax: (03) 9822-7950
Working at Lauriston - Workplace Gender Equality
Lauriston Girls’ School has been awarded the Employer of Choice for Women by the Equal opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA) in 2012/2013. The School has received the citation since 2008. The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) has now replaced the EOWA.
Our primary business is the education of young women and we are a girls’ school that strives to provide equal opportunity for all our students whilst at School and beyond School.
Lauriston Girls’ School is committed to the principles of merit and ensuring that job opportunities are provided to the most suitable person regardless of gender. The Workplace Gender Equality (WGE) program is integrally linked to the School’s Strategic Plan. We also encourage and promote gender equality amongst our staff.
The principal objectives of our WGE policy are to:
- Promote the principle that employment for women and men should be dealt with on the basis of merit;
- Promote elimination of discrimination and the provision of equal employment opportunity for women and men in relation to employment matters among employers;
- Foster workplace consultation between employer and employees on issues concerning equal opportunity for women and men in relation to employment;
- Provide equal remuneration for women and men for work of equal or comparable value;
- Provide full and equal participation of women in the workforce;
- Provide full and genuine access to all occupations including to leadership roles for women and men;
- Eliminate discrimination on the basis of gender particularly in relation to family and caring responsibilities for both women and men; and
- Meet the requirements of the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012, which requires the School to report annually to the WGE Agency.