Parents with an interest in the Arts are warmly invited to join in the activities of the Lauriston Arts Association (LAA)
The FLA is a group of parents whose aim is to promote and support the arts at Lauriston. The group offers practical support to the drama, music, art and visual communications departments by:
- supplementing resources under the guidance of the staff of each department
- awarding student prizes such as the annual Year 12 Art Acquisition prize, the Years 7-11 Encouragement Awards and the Award for Best Director at the House Drama competitions
- developing initiatives for parents, such as art luncheons, theatre nights, music related events and art exhibitions
- whole of school art festival every 3 years
- fund and promote the artist-in-residence program.
The LAA meets on a monthly basis.