Preparing your application
Please remember that we review all applications carefully in order to determine whom we will invite for interview. A well-written application that reflects your skills and abilities, and gives the reader a clear sense of who you are as a person, will be favourably considered. As part of our application process, we may undertake a search across Facebook, LinkedIn or other social media platforms of short-listed candidates.
The following general points should be considered when submitting your application:
- Ensure your application is tailored to the requirements of the specific position
- Respond directly to key selection criteria, if applicable
- Your curriculum vitae will be photocopied, therefore it is preferable not to bind your application (hard copy submissions only)
- It is best to be concise while ensuring that all relevant information is included
What to include in your application
Applications may vary depending on the position for which you are applying; however, we do expect the following when considering applications:
- A covering letter of between one and two pages. Please note that your covering letter should not include information already provided in your curriculum vitae. Your covering letter should offer information about your reasons for applying to Lauriston Girls’ School for the position available and offer some personal insights into your professional attributes and personal qualities. Please respond directly to the key selection criteria, if applicable
- A completed copy of Lauriston’s Applicant Declaration Form
- A curriculum vitae that includes:
- Education qualification information, including academic transcripts
- VIT registration or Working with Children Check documentation. The original documentation must be brought to interview.
- Relevant work history, including dates and years spent at each workplace, responsibilities and personal achievements.
- Membership of professional organisations.
- Interests including voluntary and or/charity work, including dates and years spent in each activity.
- Recent professional learning activities undertaken, including dates participated, title of professional learning activity and organisation which offered the activity.
- Prizes, scholarships or awards.
- Name and contact numbers of at least three professional referees. At least one referee must have directly supervised you and observed your work with children, where this is applicable. One referee must be your current or most recent employer.
- A statement of educational philosophy (for teaching applications).
Submitting your application
The Director of the Lauriston Institute and Human Resources is responsible for managing the recruitment of teaching staff, conducting appraisals of teacher performance and fulfilling a staff welfare role on a day-to-day basis.
Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
Lauriston Girls’ School
PO Box 8110
ARMADALE VIC 3143
F: 9822 7950